Chimichurri is an Argentinian sauce traditionally used to accompany grilled meat, however this versatile sauce can be used as a salad dressing, marinade or condiment.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Serves 4-6
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tsp (5g) fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 tbsp (20ml) red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp (60ml) olive oil
- Mix together the parsley, chilli, oregano, shallot, garlic, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
The ingredients in the sauce can settle into layers when left to stand for a while, so make sure you stir well before use.