This Kale and Edamame salad recipe is a delicious and healthy dish for the warmer months. It uses robust Japanese inspired flavours to balance out the strong taste of the kale. It also highlights the versatility of Kale as a vegetable.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 30 minutes / Serves 4-6
- 200g Italian kale/cavolo nero, tough ribs removed and sliced finely
- 100g edamame
- 4 bell peppers, roasted and sliced into 3cm thick pieces
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 100g carrot, sliced into thin strips (julienne)
- 45ml mirin
- 15ml rice wine vinegar
- 30ml tamari (light soy sauce)
- Place the tomatoes on baking tray and bake in a preheat oven at 220°C for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the kale, roasted tomatoes, edamame, bell peppers, mirin, rice wine vinegar and tamari.
- Serve immediately.
For an extra textural element top the salad with a handful of slithered almonds.