It can often be a battle trying to find an easy way to decorate a table in a way that looks appealing. Lauren has spent a lot of time browsing the Internet this past week trying to find a DIY easy Easter centerpiece and table setting, however the options she’s found tend to be complex. Additionally, they more often than not involve items that the average person doesn’t have lying around the house.
Lauren’s solution was, of course, to use come up with a DIY easy Easter centerpiece of her own which, along with providing a complete table setting actually fulfilled the promise of ease. The result is below and something that almost anyone should be able to put together in no more than 20 minutes.
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 pot stand
- 4 egg cups
- 12 purple/lilac roses
- 1 bunch of pink carnations with babies breath
- 8 tea candles
- 1 photo frame (4 x 6 inches) , with the backing removed
- 2 eggs
- 1 A4 piece of butchers paper/brown paper
- 1 plate (slightly curved to hold liquid)
- A floral tablecloth (optional)
- Place a table cloth on the table (optional).
- Place the plate in the centre of the table and add approximately 2cm of water to the plate.
- Put the pot stand on top of the plate.
- Fold the A4 piece of paper in half and place it on the pot stand.
- Place the photo frame (minus the glass and backing) face up on top of the paper.
- Cut the stems on 10 of the roses to about 5cm and place them evenly on the plate, with the stem going towards the centre of the plate.
- Cut the stems of the carnations and baby breath to about 5cm.
- Fill in the gaps between the roses with carnations and baby breath. Make sure you retain about 10 carnations.
- Using a blunt knife, tap each of eggs a few cm from the top. This should break the the shell and take off the top section.
- Retain the egg yolk and whites for cooking.
- Rinse out the egg shells thoroughly with water then place a little water in the egg shells.
- Put the egg shells into the egg cups and add 5 carnations to each egg. If the carnations are falling out of the egg, trim the stems a bit more.
- Add a little water to the remaining egg cups and add one rose to each cup.
- Place the two completed carnation egg cups on top of the photo frame.
- Place a rose egg cups on either side of the centrepiece.
- Add four candles on either side of the centrepiece.
Other ideas that you can add to this easy DIY Easter centerpiece are:
- Use kitchen twine to tie bows around the tea candle;
- Use kitchen twine to tie the cutlery to your napkins for a rustic look;
- Use more than two different coloured flowers