RECIPES | The other day I had no idea what I wanted for lunch, so rummaged around the fridge and put together a rather delicious English muffin. A few tweaks and an addition the next day, and this is the result. Here’s the recipe for my ultimate breakfast English muffin if you want to give it a shot.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking time: 10 minutes / Serves: 1
- One English muffin
- One egg
- One rasher back bacon (aka Canadian bacon for those in the USA)
- One tomato
- ¼ avocado
- A fistful of high melt grated cheese, or a single slice
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a fry pan with a knob of butter.
- While the butter is melting, smash your avocado, halve your tomato and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the insides, and mix a tablespoon of Kewpie with a few squirts of Sriracha.
- When the butter is melted, fry the tomato and bacon. When the tomatoes are soft and the bacon is starting to brown, add the egg.
- When the egg is fried just enough so the whites are cooked but the yolk is still gooey, remove everything from the pan.
- Cut the English muffin in half, and place the insides facing down in the fry pan. Move them around until they’ve mopped up the pan juices, then leave them for a few minutes until the insides have started to crisp.
- Assemble in this order. Muffin bottom, sauce, cheese, tomato, bacon, egg, avocado, muffin top.
Try mixing up the sauces depending on your taste. Barbecue sauce works a treat with this too.