Let’s be honest, everyone loves a good garlic bread recipe. It’s a simple, guilty pleasure that many of us like to indulge. The simple combination of butter, crushed garlic, parsley and salt, generously lathered atop a good quality slice of crusty bread is unbeatable. We’ve experimented with a few combinations of the key ingredients and think we’ve found the right proportions for the perfect classic garlic bread recipe.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 5-8 minutes / Serves 6
- a pinch of salt
- 50g butter cubed, at room temperature
- 6 slices crusty white bread
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15g dried parsley
- Preheat your oven to 220oC fan forced.
- Mix together the butter, garlic, parsley and salt.
- Spread the garlic butter evenly over all 6 slices of bread.
- Place the bread on a lined baking tray and place in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.