There are those times when you arrive home after a long day and you can’t be bothered to cook. This 15 minute healthy chicken & yoghurt curry recipe is just the thing for those times. It’s healthy, it’s tasty, it’s quick and it’s easy. This recipe came about when I had to cook dinner, couldn’t be bothered, and had no idea what I wanted to cook other than “I want a curry”.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 10 minutes / Serves:
- 1g fennel seeds
- 1.5g sweet paprika powder
- 1.5g tumeric powder
- 1.5g cumin seeds
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced and de-seeded
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 150g natural or unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 cup cooked Basmati rice
- A few fresh coriander leaves.
- Grind the fennel and cumin seeds in a pestle and mortar.
- Heat a small amount of oil in frying pan. Once the oil is hot, add the spices and leave to fry for about 30 seconds, mixing the whole time with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chicken to the frying pan and coat well in the spice mix.
- Once the chicken is well coated add the chilli to the pan and continue to cook for about 8 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and allow it to cool off the heat for 1 minute.
- Add the yoghurt and lime juice to the cooked chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken on top of the basmati rice, and finish with a few coriander leaves.
If you don’t have a pestle and mortar, you can use pre-ground fennel and cumin seeds.
If you want something a bit more indulgent, you can substitute the yoghurt with thickened cream.