Apple cider vinegar gives this coleslaw a real tang. The recipe is super simple to make and works really well as a side, especially when accompanying pork dishes. The vibrant colours are sure to get people’s attention at any summer BBQ.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 0 minutes / Serves 6-8 (as a side)
- 1/2 head red cabbage
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 large green apples, peeled
- 1 generous handful of roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup (250ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30g) white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly slice the cabbage, carrots, onion and apples and combine in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl dissolve the sugar in the apple cider vinegar.
- Combine all of the ingredients together.
- Season with salt and pepper and eat, or refrigerate for a few hours to intensify the flavours
If you have a food processor, use it to slice the ingredients in step 1. It saves a lot of time and gives you a better consistency.