Whether you are looking for a quick and easy dish to serve your guests as a canapé at your next house party or simply want a healthier alternative to a good old fashioned packet of crisps/chips, This baked feta & thyme potato crisps recipe really hits the spot.
They are super tasty, with the earthy flavours really shining through.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 10 minutes / Servings: 2-3 (as a side)
- 2 large ruby blue potatoes
- 2 tbps (30g) extra virgin olive oil
- leaves of 6-8 stalks fresh thyme
- 25g feta cheese
- 1.5 tbsp (22.5g) ground oregano
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 220°C, fan forced.
- Slice the potatoes using a mandolin. You want them to be about 1 millimetre thick.
- Coat the potatoes with the olive oil and place evenly onto a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle the oregano and salt evenly on top of the coated potatoes.
- Place the potatoes into the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and crumble the feta over the top, along with the fresh thyme leaves.
- Serve and eat immediately, otherwise the potatoes will become soggy.
You don’t necessarily need a mandolin to slice the potatoes, but it’s the easiest way to get them as thin as they need to be.