RECIPES | These blueberry and gin jelly shots are a twist on a classic jelly shot. They have a lolly like texture and taste like you are biting into a cocktail.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes / Setting time: 2 hours / 30-40 shots
- 85g packet blueberry jelly crystals
- 200ml boiling water
- 150ml gin
- 10g gelatin powder
- 3 Silicone ice cube trays
- 150g fresh blueberries
- 40 mint leaves
- Gold edible glitter (optional)
- Dissolve the jelly crystals and gelatin in the boiling water.
- Add the gin and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cube tray.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Gently remove the jelly shots from the silicone ice trays.
- Top with a mint leaf and blueberry.
- (optional) Lightly brush the blueberry and mint leaf with edible gold glitter.
We like using blueberries because they go really well with the gin, but really you can use anything around. Think fresh raspberries with raspberry jelly, or strawberries, or… you get the picture. Feel free to mix things up!
When choosing a silicone ice tray square and rectangular shapes work the best. I tried making these originally in lego molds however the fine details made it really difficult to un-mold the shots. Keep it simple.