RECIPES | Brussels sprouts often get a bad rap, with many people’s memories of them being of the vegetable bland and boiled to oblivion. Treated right thought, the Brussels sprout is a wonderful thing, and our Brussels sprouts with smoked speck balsamic glaze recipe is a good example of this. Each bite is a crispy, sweet, tangy delight, with an array of textures and flavours combining beautifully.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 10 minutes / Makes 2-4 as a side
- 300g Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 100g smoked speck, 1cm cubes
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 20ml aged Balsamic vinegar
- 10ml extra virgin olive oil
- Add the speck and Brussels sprouts to a hot fry pan.
- Fry for 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to the pan and mix well.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
If you can not find smoked speck you can use bacon or pancetta as an alternative.