RECIPES | A Moscow Mule is one of our favourite cocktails to enjoy in the summer, with the ginger beer base providing a refreshing bite on a hot day. When Bundaberg Drinks asked us to develop a cocktail, putting a twist on this classic was an easy choice.
We’ve made it even more refreshing by turning the cocktail into a granita/slushie, and adding watermelon. The result is a delicious, refreshing treat.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking time: 5 hours / Serves: 2
- 1 bottle (375ml) Bundaberg Ginger Beer
- ¼ seedless watermelon, juiced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 6 mint leaves
- 60 ml vodka (can be omitted for a non-alcoholic version)
- Mix together the ginger beer, watermelon, and lime juice.
- Place the mixture in a shallow tray and put into the freezer for an hour. After an hour, use a fork to break apart the crystals, and repeat every hour for 4 hours.
- You should now have a granita texture. Pour into a glass and garnish with mint leaves, and a sliver of lime and watermelon.
If you can’t juice/blend the watermelon, dice it into as small pieces as possible.
If you have an ice-cream maker, you can save time and effort by putting all the ingredients into it instead of the fridge.
For more delicious cocktail ideas ahead of summer, head to the Bundaberg Drinks website!
This post is brought to you by The City Lane and Bundaberg Drinks.