RECIPES | To celebrate the final season of Game of Thrones, HBO teamed up with Diageo to pair eight rare Scotches with the royal Houses of Westeros. We were sent a bottle the House Targaryen Cardhu Gold Reserve, and used it to create a Chilli Whisky Highball.
Our cocktail balances perfectly for winter, combining the smokey peat and rich caramel character of the whisky with the sweet heat from the chilli.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes / Serves: 2-3
- 3 tbsp caster sugar (approximately 45g)
- 90ml water
- 1 habanero chilli, sliced in half
- 90ml of Cardhu Gold Reserve
- soda water
- Place the caster sugar, water and habanero into a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Once the sugar has completely dissolved remove the sugar syrup from the heat.
- In a cocktail shaker, add some ice, the sugar syrup and whisky and shake well.
- Divide the mixture between 2 or 3 glasses.
- Top up the glass with soda water and stir well.
Garnish each glass with a habanero for added effect if you wish.