RECIPES | This Cheese & Bacon Pull Apart Pastry is an easy snack when you have unexpected guests and need to quickly whip up some finger food. It requires four ingredients, is very simple to make and, let’s be honest, cheese, pastry and bacon makes everyone happy.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 20 minutes / Serves: 2
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 125g grated provolone or mozzarella
- 1 large egg
- 4 rashers smokey bacon, diced
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into thirds.
- In the middle of each strip, neatly place the cheese and bacon.
- Lightly brush the edges of the puff pastry strips with egg and roll each into a log.
- This should give you six 30cm logs.
- Cut each log into 5cm pieces.
- Transfer the puff pastry pieces into a 22cm spring form tin. Arrange them in a circular pattern working from the outside of the tin towards the middle.
- Brush the top of the pastry with the left over egg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Serve with your favourite dip in the centre of the puff pastry ring. If you can’t find provolone or mozzarella, and yellow cheese that melts well will do.