RECIPES | I first made a version of the chicken avocado pasta on a whim when I decided to throw together a few things that were in the fridge. It ended up quite tasty and after several tweaks I landed on the final version which gets the balance of ingredients just right. It’s a great option when you’re looking for something quick, easy, and filling. The avocado sauce works really well as a dip too.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking time: 10 minutes / Serves: 4-6
- 2 avocados
- 50g natural, unsweetened yoghurt
- 50g feta cheese
- 5ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5g cracked black pepper corns
- salt & pepper to taste
- 500g chicken breasts, diced
- 500g fusilli
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil, before adding the pasta. Cook per the instructions on the packet.
- Put some olive oil on a fry pan and bring to a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until done (about 10 minutes), tossing every few minutes.
- While the pasta and chicken are cooking, combine all the other ingredients with a blender until you have a smooth, creamy sauce.
- When the chicken is cooked, drain any excess liquid and stir the sauce through, reducing the heat to low so you can keep it warm while the pasta is finishing.
- When the pasta is cooked, combine everything and serve.
I like using fusilli as it really holds the sauce well, but any kind of pasta will do.