RECIPES | These chocolate matcha cake truffles are so easy to make and utterly delicious. One bite and you’ll be transported to the patisseries of Japan. Basically they are a microwaved matcha cake, mixed with cream cheese and matcha then dipped in chocolate.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 2 minutes / Makes: 6-8 truffles
- 85g plain flour
- 6g matcha powder
- 1g baking powder
- 30g caster sugar
- 40g cream cheese
- 60ml full cream milk
- 10g vegetable oil
- 70g dark or milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Place the flour, half of the matcha powder, baking powder, sugar, milk and oil into a greased heat proof mug.
- Mix well, until everything is incorporated.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes in the microwave on a high heat until the cake is cooked and a light, fluffy texture is achieved.
- Remove the cake from the mug and allow it to cool.
- Once cool, break the cake into small pieces and mix with the remaining matcha and cream cheese.
- Roll the mixture into 6-8 balls.
- Melt the chocolate over the stove using a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Dip the cake truffles into the chocolate and place on a cooling rack so that the excess chocolate can drip off.
- Refrigerate the truffles until the chocolate becomes solid.
- Dust each truffle with extra matcha powder (optional).
You can line you mug with baking paper before you microwave it.