This chocolate peanut butter eggless cookie recipe is proof that vegan food can be both tasty and decadent. It works well as the carrots keep the cookie moist while the crunchy peanut butter adds texture. The use of a hot sugar mix balances the cookie by providing a slight toffee taste.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes / Makes 12 cookies
- 125g crunchy peanut butter
- 120g plain flour
- 5g bicarbonate soda
- 125g grated carrots
- 30g golden syrup
- 30g chia seeds
- 125g 70% dark chocolate
- 100g brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 5ml apple cinder vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 200°C fan forced.
- Add the golden syrup, brown sugar, salt, peanut butter, and apple cider vinegar into a saucepan.
- Heat until the all the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has completely melted.
- In a bowl mix together the bicarbonate soda, plain flour, carrots, chia seeds and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Mix well.
- Form the dough into 12 evenly sized cookies.
- Place cookies on a lined baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
For some added decadence, top each cookie with a teaspoon’s worth of peanut butter and crown it with a chocolate chip.