This creamy preserved lemon pasta recipe was something that I created on a Sunday night after neglecting the usual weekly grocery shop. I needed to come up with something quick and easy using only the basic ingredients that I keep in the pantry and fridge. After running through a few flavour combinations in my head, I came up with this tasty dish which I’ll definitely be whipping up again.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 20 minutes / Serves 3-4
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 head bok choy
- 1/4 brown onion
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 250g fusilli pasta
- 1 preserved lemon, diced
- 60ml cream
- 125ml white wine
- Boil a pot of water, add a dash of oil and a pinch of salt. Once the pot reaches boiling point add the pasta and cook as per the instructions on the packet.
- Add the onion, garlic and bok choy to a frying pan and cook until they become transparent.
- Add the preserved lemon, cream and white wine to the frying pan. Bring to the boil then decrease to a simmer.
- Once the pasta has finished cooking, add the pasta to the frying pan.
- Coat the pasta thoroughly in the sauce then remove from the heat.
- Top with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and serve.
You can substitute the pumpkin seeds for pine nuts or toasted almonds if you prefer. It’s the subtle crunch that you want to add some textural variation.
You don’t need to use fusilli, but you want to be using a pasta shape that holds sauce well.