RECIPES | This eggplant and lamb mince bake is hearty meal which is great as the colder nights start setting in. It uses less than 10 ingredients and is all cooked in one dish.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 45 minutes / Serves: 4-6
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 1 clove garlic, diced finely
- ½ brown onion, diced
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced
- 25g cheddar cheese
- 20g tahini sauce
- 5g mastic powder
- 20g natural yogurt
- salt and pepper
- Mix the lamb mince with the mastic, garlic, onion, salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of the eggplant in a lined baking tray.
- Top with half of the mince mixture, spread evenly over the eggplant.
- Cover the mince with another layer of eggplant.
- Add the last of the mince.
- Cover with the remaining eggplant.
- Sprinkle the cheddar on top of the eggplant and bake for 45 minutes at 200°C fan forced.
- Mix together the yogurt and tahini and drizzle on top of the eggplant bake.
To freshen up the dish, sprinkle with chopped flat leaf parsley.