RECIPES | This easy leftovers stir fried rice is a great way to use up leftovers in your fridge. It minimises food wastage and makes an quick and easy meal. This recipe is really versatile, you can use any ingredients you have in your fridge.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 10 minutes / Serves: 2
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (~200g) leftover rice
- 2 slices of ham
- 1 spring onion, chopped coursely
- 20ml light soy sauce
- 5 drops sesame oil
- ½ small red chili, diced finely
- 10ml vegetable oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large fry pan.
- Once hot, crack the egg into the pan and scramble lightly.
- Add the rice, ham, spring onion, chili, sesame oil and soy sauce. Cook on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Top with extra chili and serve hot.
You can use any leftovers you have in the fridge. Just remember if you add a lot of vegetables you may need to increase the amount of soy sauce and sesame oil.