This gluten free chia seed pudding is so easy to make that it’s almost embarrassing to call it a recipe. All that’s required is 10 minutes of effort in the evening and when you wake up you have a light, healthy breakfast waiting for you in the fridge. I love the rose and pistachio combination however you can be really creative with this. Lauren, for example is allergic to nuts and has hers with fresh strawberries instead. When summer berry season is in full swing I know I’ll be trying all sorts of flavour combinations.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Waiting Time: 8-10 hours / Serves 2
- 1/4 cup (118g) chia seeds
- 1 cup (236ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) rosewater
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) orange blossom honey
- 10 raw pistachios, unsalted and lightly crushed
- honey to drizzle
- Mix together the chia seeds, milk, rosewater and honey.
- Pour the mix into two small glasses and refrigerate for 8-10 hours, until it has a pudding-like rather than liquid texture.
- Sprinkle the pistachios on top, and drizzle with honey to taste.
We like orange blossom honey for its mild, floral flavour but feel free to use your favourite kind of honey. Just be aware that stronger flavoured honey will overpower the rosewater.
For an additional rose and presentation boost, sprinkle some dried, crushed rose petals on top.
Black or white chia seeds work just as well as each other.