RECIPES | This green bean potato salad recipe is an easy and healthy side for any meal. This dish takes about 20 minutes from start to end and can be made in one pot.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 15 minutes / Serves: 4-6
- 200g green beans
- 600g Ruby Lou potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 30ml apple cider vinegar
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot, cover entirely with water and boil on a high heat for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, remove the ends of the green beans and cut into 2cm pieces.
- Add the green beans to the potatoes and boil for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, garlic and onion to the potatoes and beans.
- Mix well and serve hot or cold.
When I make this salad I don’t peel the potatoes as its quicker and the skins have additional nutritional value. However, if you prefer you can peel the potatoes.
We use Ruby Lou potatoes as they’re easily available for us, but any type of potato suitable for boiling will do. E.g. Desiree, Dutch Cream, Kipfler.