Smoothie Bowls are one of my all time favourite breakfasts. They are so versatile and can be adapted to include whatever fruits or vegetables you fancy (or whatever ingredients you have in the fridge). They can also be topped with a range of seasonal fruits, cereals, nuts and seeds to pack in that extra nutrition and keep you feeling satisfied.
One of the smoothie recipes I continuously re-create, particularly during the summer, is a Green Smoothie Bowl. It is extremely simple to make, refreshing and absolutely delicious.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 2 minutes / Serves 1-2
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ avocado
- 1 peach
- handful of spinach
- grated fresh ginger (to taste)
- coconut water (to taste)
- Chop all ingredients and add to a blender.
- Blend ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Decorate your smoothie with your favourite toppings.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container for later.
More almond milk or coconut water can be added to thin and more banana to thicken.