RECIPES | I was eating at a Chinese restaurant the other day and the flavour and texture of the Chinese sausage was something that stuck in my mind. I picked some up recently from my local Asian grocer but wasn’t too sure what to use it for until I was looking to make a quick and easy Asian inspired rice dish.
This herb rice with Chinese sausage is really tasty, with great textures and flavours. It’s a super easy one pot recipe that can be made in a rice cooker.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 20 minutes/ Serves: 1-2
- 50g smoked Chinese sausage, cut into slices
- 1 cup medium-grain rice
- 2 cloves garlic, diced,
- 2cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 20g coriander leaves, roughly chopped,
- chicken sock
- Place the rice into a rice cooker.
- Pour in chicken stock until you reach the one-cup line in your rice cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the rice cooker and place on a quick setting.