RECIPES | This lavender cream gin cocktail is a light, floral cocktail that works best with a gin that has light botanicals. The lavender and honey evoke summer days in Provence, while the egg white and heavy cream give the cocktail a silky, creamy texture. Despite its summer leanings, this is a drink that works well any time of the year.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Serves 2
- 4ml lavender bitters
- 90ml mild gin
- 10g honey
- 60ml milk
- 1 egg white
- 30ml heavy cream
- dried lavender to decorate (optional)
- Place the lavender bitters, honey, gin, milk, egg white, heavy cream and ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the cocktail into two separate glasses via a strainer.
- Place some dried lavender on top of the cocktail (optional) and serve.
Lavender bitters can be found at most bottle shops. If you can’t find them, another option is to infuse the gin with dry lavender for a few days, but it won’t have quite the same flavour.