Baked pasta dishes are an easy way to use up leftovers or things in the fridge that you need to use. This leftover chicken pasta bake recipe a good option for a mid week meal when you really don’t want to make an effort however you still want something that tastes delicious.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 15 minutes / Serves: 4-6
- 500g leftover pasta
- 50g semi dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15 Kalamata olives
- 1 leftover chicken breast, shredded
- 200g ricotta
- 20 basil leaves
- 40ml chicken stock
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Add the pasta, tomatoes, garlic, olives, chicken, ricotta, basil and stock into an ovenproof baking dish.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the pasta and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
You can basically add anything you like to pasta, which makes it a really practical recipe. Just remember you need to ensure there is always stock added when you cook the dish so it doesn’t dry out. Here are a few other ideas of ingredients you can add:
- Zucchini, basil pesto, spinach, ricotta
- Roasted pepper, smoked paprika, ricotta
- Mushroom, sage, spring onions, ricotta