RECIPES | Our lives have been a little hectic lately, so healthy eating has taken a bit of a back seat. In an effort to kick start our healthy weeknight meals, I created this lentil and Swiss chard bell pepper cups recipe. It requires less than 10 ingredients, cooks in 30 minutes and the cleaning up is minimal.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 30 minutes / Serves: 4
- 12 small bell peppers/capsisums
- 400g tin of lentils, drained
- 10g capers, diced
- 5g smoked paprika
- 1/2 small brown onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 70g swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper.
- Cut the top of each of the bell pepper and remove the seeds.
- In a bowl add the lentils, capers, paprika, onion, garlic, swiss chard and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Fill each of the bell peppers with the lentil mixture and place in a baking tray.
- Evenly drizzle the vegetable stock over all of the bell peppers.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 220°C fan forced.
For a little bit of creaminess you can serve this dish with some natural yogurt or crumble goats cheese over the top.
Swiss chard has many names around the world – silver beet, perpetual spinach, beet spinach, seakale beet, or leaf beet. You can even use bok coy as a replacement if you want.