Equal have released their new sweetener, Equal NEXT in Australia. As part of their “Sweeten Your Summer” campaign we’ve created a simple and refreshing tropical summer mango & coconut ice-cream recipe that’s sure to delight.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 10 minutes, plus 3 hours freezing / Serves 8-10
- 400ml coconut milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- 500g mango flesh
- 4 eggs
- 16 sachets (16g) Equal NEXT
- Place the mango, coconut milk, cream, eggs and equal next into a saucepan.
- With a hand held blender, blend all ingredients to form a smooth mixture.
- Place the saucepan on the stove on a medium heat.
- Whisk the mixture for 5-8 minutes until it has slightly thickened and will coat the back of a spoon.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice-cream maker and use as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you do not have an ice-cream maker transfer the mixture into a plastic container and refrigerate for 1 hour. Then place the container into the freezer. Every hour the ice-cream will need to be whisked with a hand blender and placed back into the freezer. This will need to happen every hour for 4 hours to stop the formation of ice crystals.
- Once the ice-cream has finished churning, place it in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Enjoy your beautiful home made ice-cream.
Use ripe mangoes as it gives you are more intense flavoured ice-cream. Additionally, serve the ice-cream with some shredded coconut lightly toasted in a dry pan for 2-3 minutes. It gives the ice-cream a great textural element.
1 gram of Equal NEXT is equivalent to 2 grams of white sugar.