RECIPES | This Maple, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Oats Rice Pudding is a simple yet hearty dessert which is great on a cold night or if you feel like treating yourself.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes / Serves: 4
- 700ml full cream milk
- 1 cup short grain rice
- 50g brown sugar
- 40g smooth peanut butter
- 80g rolled oats
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons (40g) maple syrup
- Add the milk, rice, brown sugar and peanut butter into a heavy bottom saucepan and cook on a medium/high heat for 20-25 minutes. Stir regularly or it will burn on the bottom.
- While the rice is cooking, place the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute to melt.
- Remove the melted chocolate from the microwave and mix well with the rolled oats. Set aside
- Once the rice pudding is cooked, serve it evenly in 4 bowls/jars, top with chocolate rolled oats and drizzle with the maple syrup.
If you have a rice cooker, you can place all the ingredients in step 1 into your machine and cook on a “quick setting”. This will take a little longer (25-30 minutes) depending on the model however it requires less effort.