RECIPES | A gin & tonic is one of our favourite mixed drinks, and when the Melbourne Gin Company, who make one of our go-to gins, asked us to make a cocktail with their newest release, we couldn’t say no. Melbourne Gin Company’s Single Shot Limited Edition Gin differs from their usual gin by distilling all seven of botanical in a ‘single shot’, rather than in seven individual barrels. The result is a gin that is big on the juniper notes. This floral profile beautifully compliments lychee, which we used to make our very summer appropriate lychee gin & tonic.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Serves: 1
- 30ml Melbourne Gin Company Single Shot Gin
- 1 can of lychees in syrup
- 100ml tonic water
- ice cubes
- Place 30ml of lychee syrup, 3 lychees and 30ml of gin into a glass and stir well.
- Add ice cubes to the glass, top up with tonic water and stir.
- To garnish, place a lychee on the rim of the glass (optional)
If you don’t want to make more gin & tonics, use remaining lychee syrup and lychees as a yoghurt topper for breakfast, or as the base of a chia pudding.