This panko crumbed scallops recipe is super simple and utterly delicious. There isn’t much in the way of ingredients here, so it’s important that you use high quality ingredients so that their flavours really shine through. It’s also quite important that you use panko. While regular breadcrumbs work, the much greater surface area of panko allows more olive oil to be soaked up and provides a greater crunch and flavour.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 6 minutes / Serves 2-3
- 6 scallops in their shells
- 40g panko
- 10ml Chardonnay
- 2g fresh parsley, diced
- 20ml extra virgin live oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to 200°C fan forced.
- Place the scallops (in their shells) on a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle all the scallops with the Chardonnay.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, salt, pepper and panko. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the panko mix evenly onto all of the scallops.
- Place under the grill for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This is one of those recipes where you want to be able to taste the olive oil, so make sure you use a good quality extra virgin olive oil.