RECIPES | I often find weeknight cooking a little bit of burden, I don’t want to spend very long cooking and I want something healthy. This saffron and spinach yogurt chicken is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner – it’s healthy, high in protein, low in fat, and only takes about 20 minutes to prepare and cook.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes / Serves: 4
- 500g chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, diced finely
- 75g natural yogurt
- 50g spinach
- 5 saffron threads
- 20g pomegranate seeds
- 10ml cooking oil
- Place the oil in a frypan on high heat.
- Add the chicken and garlic. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach, saffron and yogurt to the pan.
- Cook for a further 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Top with pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
For this recipe I normally use the Sahara natural yogurt which contains about 5% fat and sugar. If you can’t find that brand, I would recommend finding something similar in fat/sugar percentage so that it is not to sweet or heavy.