If you’ve been looking for an easy oven baked wing recipe, this simple, crispy chicken wing recipe will only take 40 minutes in the oven. It is a great option for finger food on game days, or Netflix and chill days, or any days really.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 40 minutes / Serves: 4-6
- 1kg chicken wings
- 20g baking powder
- 10g plain flour
- 3g salt
- 5g Chinese 5 spice
- 1g smoked paprika
- 1g chilli powder
- 10g melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Place the baking powder, plain flour, salt, Chinese 5 spice, paprika and chilli powder into a large zip lock bag.
- Add the chicken wings to the spice mix and coat the wings well.
- Shake any excess spice mix off the wings and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and coat them in the melted butter.
- Return the wings to the baking tray and place back in the oven.
- Increase the oven temperature to 250°C and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
You can eat these by themselves or with a dipping sauce. We enjoy eating them with some sweet chili sauce or our own Sriracha yoghurt sauce.