Continuing on with our “Super Juice Colour Series” and it’s time to introduce you to our Orange Juice. It might be called orange juice, but this is no ordinary OJ. Our orange juice has an interesting combination of ingredients – there is turmeric powder to act as an anti-inflammatory, black pepper to aid with absorption, grapefruit and orange for vitamin C/immunity , carrots for antioxidants and apple and pear for sweetness. Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Juicing Time: 5 minutes / Makes 1 Litre
- 1 Granny Smith apple (or equivalent tart apple) ~125g
- 1 Packham pear (or equivalent green, sweet pear) ~275g
- 1 medium grapefruit ~125g
- 1 medium orange ~125g
- 2 stalks of celery ~200g
- 2 orange carrots ~250g
- 2g tumeric powder
- pinch of ground black pepper
- Cut the ingredients to the required size as determined by the juicer you are using.
- Add the soft ingredients first. They will be mushy but the harder ingredients you add afterwards will help to push it all through.
- Add the tumeric and black powder directly to your glass storage bottle.
- Add the juice and shake well.
- Once you’re through all of the ingredients, you can keep the juice concentrated or add some water to dilute it. We like to top it up until we have 1 litre total – about 3/4 juice and 1/4 water.
- Enjoy now, or pour into a container and refrigerate. We generally have 2 x 250ml glasses when made in the morning, and save the remaining 500ml for the following morning.
Store the juice in a 1L glass bottle. It keeps the juice is a better condition than plastic would additionally it will not stain.