RECIPES | This taco salad bowl is basically a deconstructed vegetarian hard taco. The tortilla/flour wrap is lightly baked and filled with a healthy Mexican inspired salad.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes / Cooking Time: 10 mins / Serves 2
- 2 corns on the cob
- juice of one lime
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 flour wraps/large tortillas
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 30ml olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 100 spinach leaves
- 5g coriander leaves, diced
- Preheat the oven to 220°C fan forced.
- Place the corn in a large saucepan with water and boil for 10 minutes, then allow to cool.
- While the corn is cooking place each of the wraps into separate heatproof bowls, pressing down to mold into the shape of the bowl. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the wraps from the oven and allow to cool. Once cool remove the wraps from the heatproof bowls and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife cut the corn off the cob and place into a bowl.
- Add the spinach, onion, tomato, lime juice, olive oil and coriander to the corn and mix well.
- Transfer the salad mix into the the wrap/tortilla bowls.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the avocado and garlic.
- Add the avocado to both salad bowls and eat immediately.
I would recommend lining your heatproof bowl with baking paper or greasing it lightly to ensure the wrap/tortilla doesn’t stick.