RECIPES | Tomato Bruschetta is a quick and simple starter which utilizes beautiful fresh ingredients for a perfect summer flavour burst.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Serves 4
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 clove of garlic, diced finely
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 10 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 slices of ciabatta or sourdough
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20ml extra virginolive oil
- Lightly toast the bread for 2-3 minutes.
- While the bread is toasting mix together the tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Evenly top the bread with the tomato mix and serve immediately.
If your tomatoes are not fantastic, you can drizzle aged balsamic vinegar on each slice to elevate their flavour.