RECIPES | Tomato and spinach tarts are one of our favourite go-to recipes when we’re not sure what to make. They are quick and easy, and a healthy choice that can be enjoyed any time of the day.
Preparation Time: 8-10 minutes / Cooking Time: 20 minutes / Makes 12
- 6 large eggs (~56g)
- 3 sprigs dill, finely chopped
- 7g chives, finely chopped
- 18 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30g spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 20g goats cheese (optional)
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 20ml olive oil
- 20ml water
- Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Mix together the oil and water.
- Brush one sheet of filo pastry on one side only with the water/oil mixture. Fold into thirds and repeat with all the filo sheets.
- Cut each of the folded sheets into half creating twelve approximately 13cm by 14cm pieces.
- Place each piece of pastry into separate hole of a muffin tray to form the based of the tarts.
- Place the spinach into a heatproof bowl and microwave for 1 minute to remove any excess moisture.
- Evenly divide the spinach, tomatoes, goats cheese, dill and chives between all 12 tarts.
- Crack all the eggs into a bowl, add salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Divide the eggs evenly between all the tarts.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove for the tray and allow them to cool.
You can serve these warm or cold, immediately or a day or two later. Either way, they’re delicious.