Vantage Australia has launched an exciting new botanical infused spirit to the Australian market. Vantage has infused bush flavours such as lemon myrtle, Tasmanian mountain pepperberries and Australian bred mandarin oil to produce a citrus rich spirit, design to drink on the rocks or mixed in a cocktail. As a result of the selection of bush spices, Vantage has quite a complex flavour profile it starts off peppery with a long and smooth citrus finish. It in part reminds me of a very botanical gin which is the inspiration for the cocktail below.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 5 minutes / Serves 1
- 20g glucose syrup
- 30ml of vantage infused botantical spirit
- 10 basil leaves
- 20ml water
- soda water
- short glass
- cocktail shaker
- Place the glucose syrup, 4 basil leaves and water and into a sauce pan. Reduce for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from the heat and allow the sugar syrup to cool.
- Place the vantage, 5 basil leaves, sugar syrup and ice into the cocktail shaker.
- Shake well and strain the cocktail into a short glass filled with ice.
- Top the drink up with soda water and mix well.
- Serve with a fresh basil leaf. For more exciting cocktails with Vantage Australia infused botanical spirit check out : http://www.spiritofanation.com/cocktails/