RECIPES | These Vegan Vietnamese Spring rolls are by no means traditional, they are simply my way of creating a quick and easy meal. They’re light, healthy and great for the warmer weather.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes / Serves: 2-4
- 1 packet of rice paper sheets
- 1 packet of coleslaw salad, undressed (200g)
- 1 avocado, seed removed and cut into 2cm thick slices
- 10g fresh mint, finely diced
- 10g fresh Thai basil, finely diced
- 10g fresh coriander, finely diced
- 1 medium red apple, sliced
- 60ml vegan mayonnaise
- 15ml Sriracha
- 250ml hot water
- Combine the coleslaw salad, mint, basil, apple and coriander in a bowl.
- Place the hot water in a shallow heat proof container.
- Dip one of the rice paper sheets into the hot water until it becomes soft.
- Spread the softened rice paper sheet on a flat surface and place a small amount of the salad mix, a slice of the avocado on the edge closest to yourself leaving about a 2cm gap from all edges.
- Fold the ends in and roll up firmly to enclose the filling tightly.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the filling has been used.
- Mix together the vegan mayonnaise and Sriracha to form your dipping sauce.
- Eat imediately.
Rice paper rolls are best served fresh. If you leave them for too long they can become soft and fall apart. If you’re not vegan, you can use regular mayonnaise.