RECIPES | This refreshing white peach sorbet recipe takes advantage of this delicious summer fruit which is now in abundance. My version retains the skin which most recipes discard. The result is a deeper orange colour, and more fibre in each mouthful.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Serves: 4-6
- 45g caster sugar
- 6 large white peaches
- 20ml lemon juice
- 300ml water
- Roughly chop the peaches and discard the seeds.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Pour into an ice-cream maker and churn the sorbet.
- Transfer into the freezer for 2-3 hours.
If you prefer a lighter coloured sorbet, you can peel the peaches before you purée the fruit. Leave the sorbet to soften slightly before serving.