RECIPES | This creamy winter fruit spiced oats is our go to winter breakfast. It’s healthy, high in fibre, warming, rich in antioxidants and very tasty.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 90 seconds / Serves: 2
- 250ml coconut milk
- seeds of half a pomegrante
- 1 small navel orange, cut into segments
- 25g cacoa nibs
- 2g ground cinnamon
- 70g instant oats (natural, sugar free)
- floral honey to taste
- In a heatproof bowl mix together the coconut milk, oats and cinnamon.
- Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds on a high setting.
- Divide the cooked oats evenly into two bowls.
- Neatly arrange the orange segments, cacao nibs and pomegranate on top of the oats.
- Drizzle with honey and serve hot.
We use orange blossom honey for this but you can use any honey as long as it’s of the light, floral variety. You can you sugar, a richer honey, or even maple syrup to sweeten the oats, and it’ll still taste great, but we find that the flavour and balance you get from a light, floral honey is just right.