The Collective celebrates drinking a lot of beers, and Good Beer Week 2015!
The Brunswick Beer Collective started as a silly-sounding idea, conjured up by three idiots after a long drinking session. As a result it wasn’t a surprise that the first few episodes were a bit rough, but we have somehow made it to 9 episodes over the space of two months and in the process have sampled 18 beers from 16 breweries, spanning 12 styles. We’d like to send out a big thanks to all of our listeners, followers, likers, and posters on social media for your support and feedback over the episodes so far. It’s been a fun journey, and every week is a step towards more coherence.
More importantly though, it is mid-May, which can only mean one thing: Good Beer Week, the booziest, and therefore happiest, week of the year is almost upon us. This year’s program once again is a step up from 2014 with over 250 events taking place at over 180 venues across Victoria. Although Paul will be Iran and as a result not drinking at all, we (the remaining idiots, Jeff and Chris) will be more than making up for his absence and flying the flag for the Collective at the following events:
- Saturday 16 May: The Wild Wild West at The Junction Beer and Wine Hall in the afternoon, followed by the Evil Twin Takeover at Carwyn Cellars in the evening.
- Sunday 17 May: Moon Dog vs Lazer Pig at the Lazerpig Pizza Parlor at lunchtime, followed by The Danish Invasion at the Park Hotel in the evening
- Monday 18 May: Pint of Origin USA at the Great Northern Hotel
- Tuesday 19 May: Victoria vs The World Showdown at the Terminus Hotel
- Wednesday 20 May: Pint of Origin NZ at The Alehouse Project
- Thursday 21 May: Viking Beer vs Pig at Atticus Finch
- Friday 22 May: Brewer’s Brains at the Fox On Montague
- Saturday 23 May: The Danish Invasion at the Park Hotel (part 2) in the afternoon, followed by GABS in the evening
If anyone out there happens to be at any of these events, please let us know and do come and say hi, take a selfie, and talk beer with us – we might even buy you one! If you need further inspiration check out Jeff’s picks from the program here, and here (hosted by our parent site, The City Lane).
Have a very merry Good Beer Week!
Jeff, Chris, and Paul (who will be looking on forlornly via social media)