RECIPES | This healthy Japanese salmon salad is a quick and easy meal which is perfect on a warm day. It’s light and fresh, with a zesty citrus splash.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes / Cooking Time: 5 mins / Serves 2
- 200g salmon, diced
- 100g shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 spring onion stalk, sliced finely
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, cut into slices
- ½ cucumber (~50g), sliced
- 7ml soy sauce
- 15ml rice wine vinegar
- 15ml mirin
- 30ml yuzu dressing
- Place the mirin, soy, rice wine vinegar and salmon pieces in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat a non stick fry pan.
- Cook the salmon in two batches for about 2-3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Place the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado, spring onion and yuzu dressing in a bowl and toss to ensure all the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Add the salmon to the bowl containing the salad and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
For this recipe, I use the trays of salmon off-cuts/trimmings our fishmonger sells. The salmon is placed in a marinade so you do not need a prime cut of fish.