Chicken Puttanesca is a classic Italian dish traditionally served on angel hair pasta. This version is based on the classic recipe, however I exclude the pasta and oven bake the dish which allows you to cook this delicious recipe in one pot with minimal effort.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes / Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes / Serves 4-6
- 1kg chicken thighs, on the bone
- 400g bell peppers, cut into 2cm cubes
- 125g green olives
- 20g capers, rinsed to remove excess salt
- 100g jar of artichokes, drained
- 200ml dry red wine
- 720ml passata
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 20g fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place all the ingredients into a lined baking dish and mix thoroughly.
- Bake at 220°C for 40-45 minutes.
I use chicken thigh on the bone as it gives this dish more flavour however if you want to reduce the cooking time by about 10 minutes you can use chicken thigh off the bone.